Desert Sky Astro Products
Quality Astronomical Accessories
DSV-3 ALTITUDE-AZIMUTH MOUNT
The DSV-3 is a premium medium size heavy duty Alt-Az mount, offering a sizeable load capacity in a
portable package. For the astronomer looking for a high quality Alt-Az mount capable of high power
tracking and capable of handling a variety of eyepieces and accessories, the DSV-3 is loaded with
features to provide the user maximum control and comfortable observing. Just check all that the
DSV-3 has to offer (mounts in pictures may be shown with optional upgrades):
Twin dovetail clamps (saddles)
• Enjoy side by side views of the same target through two different telescopes.
• Choose the side that best fits your scope and maximizes your comfort.
• Non-marring jaws hold your scopes securely and without scratching the dovetail bar.
• The dovetail clamps in the DSV-3 can be collimated so the 2 scopes point at the same object.
• Standard-sized dovetail clamps make it easy to swap your scope between an EQ mount and the
• Vixen-style dovetail clamps are included standard in the DSV-3 price, can be upgraded to
Losmandy/CGE-compatible at additional cost.
Geared lock-less slow motion controls
• High reduction ratio for precise motion control and high power tracking.
• No need to unlock/lock the axes every time you move the mount from one object to another.
• Full circle gears, no need to reset the mechanism.
• Large knurled knobs, easy grasp even when wearing gloves.
• Knobs are located on the front of the mount, within easy reach of the user.
• Spring loaded worm mechanism to minimize backslash.
• On-the-fly adjustable clutches to match the slow motion controls to the load on the mount.
Quick Balancing System (QBS)
• Complete balancing of the mount in both the front/back and up/down direction.
• Balance heavy accessories such as binoviewers, large EPs, etc
• Simply slide the balancing weight to compensate for the different EPs in your set.
• QBS can be installed on the right or left side dovetail clamp.
• Can be attached to your scope’s tube rings for double scope operation.
• Easy to see markers are provided to identify the balancing point of the different EPs in your set.
• Tool-less installation & setup
• Easy to remove for transportation or storage.
• Altitude brake for easy eyepiece changes.
• Bubble level for easy mount setup.
• Guiding handle included in the price, not an expensive add-on.
• Built-in column provides clearance for long optical tubes.
• Encoder system for use with (user supplied) Sky Commander DSC.
• JMI Train N' Track trainable drive system (motorized slow motion controls)
• Losmandy/CGE compatible saddles.
• Smartphone bracket
• White powdercoat finish instead of standard black
Top Notch Construction
• CNC machined from 6061 Aluminum. No castings or welded parts used.
• Massive ball bearings used in both axes for smooth motions and long term reliability.
• Custom Aluminum knobs, knurled for easy grip even when wearing gloves.
• Stainless Steel fasteners used throughout, for lasting good looks and corrosion resistance.
• Proudly made in the USA.
12-1/2" H (16-1/2" with DSC installed)
10-1/2" W (15" with QBS installed)
4" D (5-1/4" with encoders option installed)
• Weight: 12 lb 8 oz (standard head)
• Tripod fitting: your choice of 3/8-16, 1/2-13 or 5/8-11.
• Finish: satin black powder coat.
The DSV-3 is recommended for refractors up to 1000f/l, 20lb in weight, Schmidt-Cassegrains and
Maksutov-Cassegrains up to 28lb in weight. A properly sized tripod that can carry the combined
weight of the mount, the telescope(s) and accessories must be used.
• Mount head with standard saddles: $745.00 + $20.00 Shipping within CONUS
• Encoder system for user-supplied DSC (includes DSC bracket): add $280.00
• JMI Train N' Track trainable drive system: add $320.00
• Losmandy/CGE-compatible saddles upgrade: add $30.00 per side.
• Smartphone bracket: add $40.00
• Adapters for flexible slow motion cables (slow motion cables not included): add $30.00
• White powdercoat finish upgrade: add $40.00
• Heavy Duty Surveyor style tripod: $180.00 + $20.00 CONUS shipping (click here for more details).
1625 E Villa Theresa Dr, Phoenix AZ 85022
Tel. (602) 550-4331
Note: all shipping costs are for deliveries within continental US, for other
locations, please provide shipping address for customized quote.