Desert Sky Astro Products
Quality Astronomical Accessories
DSV-2 ALTITUDE-AZIMUTH MOUNT
For the astronomer looking for a high quality, portable Alt-Az mount capable of high power tracking
and capable of handling a variety of eyepieces and accessories, we have created the DSV-2. It is
loaded with premium features to provide the user maximum control and comfortable observing.
Just check all that the DSV-2 has to offer:
Geared lock-less slow motion controls
• High reduction ratio for precise motion control and high power tracking.
• No need to unlock/lock the axes every time you move the mount from one object to another.
• Full circle gears, no need to reset the mechanism.
• Large knurled knobs, easy grasp even when wearing gloves.
• Knobs are located on the front of the mount, within easy reach of the user.
• Require only fingertip force, for vibration free operation.
• The worm mechanism is spring loaded to minimize backslash.
• No need to tighten clutches, thanks to the DSV-2’s balancing system (see below).
Quick Balancing System (QBS)
• Complete balancing of the mount in both the front/back and up/down direction.
• Simply slide the balancing weight to compensate for the different EPs in your set.
• QBS can be installed on the right or left side dovetail clamp.
• Can be attached to your scope’s tube rings for double scope operation.
• Easy to see markers are provided to identify the balancing point of the different EPs in your set.
• Tool-less installation & setup
• Easy to remove for transportation or storage.
Twin dovetail clamps (saddles)
• Enjoy two different views of the same object side by side.
• Choose the side that best fits your scope and maximizes your comfort.
• Non-marring jaws, to hold your scope securely and without scratching the dovetail bar.
• The dovetail clamps in the DSV-2 can be collimated so the 2 scopes point at the same object.
• Vixen-style dovetail clamps make it easy to swap you scope between an EQ mount and the DSV-2.
• The dovetail clamps are included standard in the DSV-2 price.
• Altitude brake for easy eyepiece changes.
• Bubble level for easy mount setup.
• Guiding handle included in the price, not an expensive add-on.
• Built-in column provides clearance for up to 102mm f/7 refractors.
Top Notch Construction
• CNC machined from 6061 Aluminum. No castings or welded parts used.
• Oversize ball bearings used in both axes for smooth motions and long term reliability.
• Custom Aluminum knobs, knurled for easy grip even when wearing gloves. No cheap plastic
knobs used here.
• Stainless Steel fasteners used throughout, for lasting good looks and corrosion resistance.
• Made in the USA.
• Dimensions: 11 1/2" H x 8" W x 4" D.
• Net weight: 8 lb 8 oz
• Tripod fitting: your choice of 3/8-16 or 5/8-11.
• Finish: satin black powder coat.
The DSV-2 is recommended for refractors up to 102mm F/7, Schmidt-Cassegrains up to 8",
Maksutov-Cassegrain up to 6" in aperture. This assumes the tripod used can carry the
combined weight of the mount, the telescope(s) and accessories being used.
$395.00 + $16.00 Shipping within CONUS
1625 E Villa Theresa Dr, Phoenix AZ 85022
Tel. (602) 550-4331
Note: all shipping costs are for deliveries within continental US, for other
locations, please provide shipping address for customized quote.